Why Belize? – 35 Reasons to Invest Far beyond the obvious and compelling reasons to invest in Central American real estate, Belize offers amenities which no other country can match.
• Rest easy knowing that Belize is the only English-speaking country in Central America.
• Experience a seamless transition in your daily activities at the English-speaking markets.
• As a result of its native tongue, Belize and its citizens enjoy higher education levels.
• North American customs and courtesies are much more prevalent in Belize.
• If English is not your native language, Belizeans also speak Spanish and Creole.
• Due to the melting pot of cultures that make up Belize, social tolerance levels are high.
Secluded, Not Isolated
• The flight from Miami, Florida to Belize City is a mere two hours.
• Enjoy direct flights from seven U.S. cities, Toronto, and Cancun.
• Belize presents an investor’s dream and is in the “Path of Progress.”
• City expansion to include a new airport makes Belize highly accessible.
• Lucrative real estate opportunities exist all over Belize as development increases.
• Coastal islands offer more opportunities than even mainland Belize.
Cost of Living
• Your purchasing power is double that in the U.S.
• The purchasing power in Belize is greater than that of Mexico, Panama, and Costa Rica.
• Following suit with a cheaper consumer market, Belize’s real estate is also a bargain.
• Belize’s location isolates it from the hurricane zone, experiencing only one storm per four years.
• Belize’s world class barrier reef diminishes the wear and tear from the saltwater air and winds.
• American “Baby Boomers” are investing heavily in the Caribbean and in Central America.
• The beauty of Belize is still relatively unknown, making it “Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret.”
• Forty percent of the country contains protected wildlife reserves and national parks.
• There is an abundance of ecotourism attractions due to the protected parts of the country.
• Unbeknownst to most, the Belize Barrier Reef is the most active in the Western Hemisphere.
• Citizens and non-citizens possess the same property rights across Belize.
• Individual, joint, corporate, IRA, and trust ownership opportunities are available.
• You have the ability to insure your clear title with U.S. companies such as American Title.
• Clear title rights are not common across Central America and other world vacation locations.
• Belize boasts a stable government.
• The peaceful nation maintains friendly relationships with its neighbors.
• Belize achieved its independence from Britain in 1981.
• The democratic political structure with the establishment of a parliament compares to Canada.
• Belizeans pride themselves in keeping their country safe and welcoming to others.
• Tax breaks exist for those wanting to invest and live in Belize full or part-time.
• The QRP program permits those 45 and older who live more than 30 days these breaks.
• Qualified retirees may be eligible to receive expedited residency status.
• Belize pegs their currency 2:1 to the U.S. dollar, locking exchange rates.
The only question to ask yourself is why haven’t you already invested in beautiful Belize?
As soon as you decide that it is time to move to Belize, it is essential that you head right over to Orchid Bay. This housing community offers everything you could possibly need in a dream home.